The Permanent Observer Missions of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation to the U.N. in Geneva (also accredited to Vienna) is entrusted with:
- Following all matters of interest to the Islamic Cooperation at the United Nations and reporting to the headquarters in Jeddah;
- Supporting activities and coordination of the informal group of the OIC Member States at the U.N.;
- Maintaining close contacts with the UN Secretariat and other International Organisation in Geneva and Vienna;
- Creating, maintaining and strengthening working relations with the UN specialized bodies and institutions as well as others International organisations in Geneva and Vienna;
- Creating, maintaining and strengthening contacts with Member States accredited to the UN in Geneva, Vienna and Paris (UNESCO).