Ambassador Slimane CHIKH and Mr. Sergei Ordzhonikidze UNOG Director General
HE Slimane CHIKH
Is a diplomat from Algeria. Born in 1940, Ambassador Slimane CHIKH is married with four children. Amongst several educational qualifications, he posseses a first degree in Law from University of Paris Sorbonne, France, a Master’s degree in law from the University of Algers, Algeria and a Ph.D in Political Science from the University of Grenoble, France.
He is an aggregated professor to the Facaulty of Law at the University of Algers and has lectured at three prominent institutions in France namely: the University of Reims, the University of Aix Marseille and the Institute of Political science Paris. He has also lectured at the University of Laval Canada. He was the director of the Institute of Political Science University of Algers from 1975 to 1978 and from 1982 to 1984 rector of University of Algers.
From 2001 to 2004 he served as ambassador of Algeria to Egypt and was also the permanent delegate to the League of arab States. From 1998 to 2001 he was a member of the National Council , 1995 to 1997 Minister of National Education, 1994 to 1995 Minister of culture, 1992 to 1994 Counsellor to the presidency of Algeria and 1988 to 1989 Minister of National education and training.
Ambassador Slimaner CHIKH, Permanent Observer
M. Mojtaba Amiri VAHID, Deputy Permanent Observer
Mrs. Aissata KANE, Professional Officer
M. Mehatb ALI, Secretary
M. Elhadji SAMATE , Driver and Messenger
Ms Nneka Thelma HALIM Ambassador’s Assistant
The Permanent Observer Missions of the Organization of the Islamic Conferenceto the U.N. in Geneva (also accredited to Vienna) is entrusted with:
– Following all matters of interest to the Islamic Conference at theUnited nations and reporting to the headquarters in Jeddah;
– Supporting activities and coordination of the informal group of theOIC Member States at the U.N.;
– Maintaining close contacts with the UN Secretariat and other InternationalOrganisation in Geneva and Vienna;
– Creating, maintaining and strengthening working relations with the UNspecialized bodies and institutions as well as others International organisationsin Geneva and Vienna;
– Creating, maintaining and strengthening contacts with Member Statesaccredited to the UN in Geneva, Vienna and Paris (UNESCO).